Diesel Locomotives, 1991-2000
After the Milwaukee Road merger, the Soo acquired a number
of second-hand units, including a number of units rebuilt by the Milwaukee.
Three of the units are seen here on a heavy transfer at Dayton's Bluff in
St. Paul, MN on April 2, 1993. Lead unit 532 is an SD10, rebuilt in 1975
from an SD7 built in 1954. It appears the trailing units are the other two
SD10s the Soo kept, 534 and 543. They were rebuilt from SD9s, also in 1975.